All Members receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Quarterly issues of “The Marshlander” magazine, a high-quality collectable item (one copy per household). For details click here. When you join or renew there is an alternative option to select a PDF copy by email.
- Members can take advantage of unlimited privilege rate journeys on the RH&DR offering a saving of up to 75% on ordinary fares.
- On normal timetable days the RH&DRSA privilege rates for 2024 are:
Adults (16+) £7.00, and Children (From age 3 up to and including age 15) £3.50.
Different terms apply on Special Event Days:
Adults (16+) £14.00, and Children (From age 3 up to and including age 15) £7.00.
- Members receive a Free Journey Ticket, by means of a plastic tag, each year, allowing one free Rover ticket per membership.
- For information on timetables and tickets, please go to www.rhdr.org.uk and select Plan Your Visit – Tickets and Timetables.
- 200 Club – A members only club where for an annual investment of £60 you will be entered into a monthly cash prize draw for three prizes where the 1st prize could be up to £100. Contact [email protected] for more information
Members’ Free Journey Ticket.
Free Journey Tickets now come in the form of a barcoded small white plastic “tag”.
Tags issued before October 2023 are yellow in colour but will change to white on joining/renewal in 2024.
The tags are issued at joining or renewal time and are valid for your membership year.
As a security measure Free Journey Ticket tags are not replaceable if lost, so please keep them safe.
Please contact [email protected] in good time if you have any queries. Normal delivery of the tag will be with your membership card for which you can expect to wait 2 – 3 weeks after you renew as card print runs need to allow for posting and despatch. We can’t guarantee the two weeks due to postal delays, so please allow up to the three weeks in advance of your journey to renew. Members can renew up to one month before their expiry date without any loss of membership time.
The important thing to note is that whilst, prior to card arrival, privilege fares can be obtained by showing the welcome email, free journeys can only be obtained by physically handing in the Free Journey Ticket tag at the station booking office. Please therefore plan ahead to take account of the timescales indicated above.
Members are also reminded that rules for Free Journey Tickets still apply i.e. one journey per full member, or one member of a family per annum. The Free Journey Ticket tag can be used by another family member or friend if the qualifying member does not wish to use it themselves.
All journeys are subject to availability.
- The opportunity to get involved with the work of the Supporters Association. This can be tremendously rewarding, offering the chance to really be a supporter of this wonderful railway. Examples would be to join the Supporters Association’s Heritage Group, become a volunteer in a wide range of roles, to attend and participate in the Supporters Association’s Annual General Meeting (if over 16), and many other ways to get involved. See Roles & Opportunities
In addition to the above, members can take advantage of:
- Free admission to all Stations on normal operating days (Excluding Special Event days and Santa Specials) on production of membership card.
- Discounts in the Railway’s shops on selected products. Individual item purchases must be over £5.00, and the offer excludes all food and drinks. Shop staff will be able to advise eligibility.
- Exclusive discounts on some Special Event tickets (Excludes Santa Specials)